001 Introduction to Asset Management
The module serves as an introduction to asset management and is the start of your AM journey.
It provides an introduction to what an asset is, what asset management means and introduces the key concepts and processes.
The module can be accessed on any Smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
The course content was designed and developed by internationally recognised AM specialists.
The module features:
- Professional Audio
- Animation and Interactivity
- Formative and Summative assessments
It is one of 14 modules in the Asset Management Course mapped to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate examination. These modules also cover the 39 'Landscape' subjects of the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM).
This module will provide an understanding of:
- What asset management is
- What assets, assets systems and asset portfolios are
- The value of assets, and
- The benefits of effective asset management.
Those working in any sector where physical assets are important, e.g. Electrical, gas & water utilities, Manufacturing, Processing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Facilities Management, Municipalities etc.
Those new to AM, those preparing for the IAM Certificate exam and also experienced practitioners wishing to check their knowledge.
To understand what good asset management is we need to know its concepts and processes, including:
- The need to align asset management policy, planning and life cycle activities to the organisational objectives
- The importance of optimising asset management decisions over the asset life cycle, and
- How asset management is enabled by culture, structure, competence, information and information systems.
30 mins in one session (or in small parts if preferred).
GBP 54.00 per subscription