003 Benefits of Asset Management
The module provides you with an understanding of what good asset management can achieve, including its impact on business and financial performance.
It also provides examples of best practice and show how the benefits of good asset management can be communicated effectively to stakeholders within and outside your organisation.
The module can be accessed on any Smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
The course content was designed and developed by internationally recognised AM specialists.
The module features:
- Professional Audio
- Animation and Interactivity
- Formative and Summative assessments
It is one of 14 modules in the Asset Management Course mapped to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate examination. These modules also cover the 39 'Landscape' subjects of the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM).
This module will provide an understanding of:
- The main benefits of an asset management approach
- How to relate specific, appropriate benefits to different stakeholders and businesses
- The importance and role of communication and consultation in asset management implementation, and
- How to recognise and handle some of the common misunderstandings and resistance to change brought about by asset management.
Those working in any sector where physical assets are important, e.g. Electrical, gas & water utilities, Manufacturing, Processing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Facilities Management, Municipalities etc.
Those new to AM, those preparing for the IAM Certificate exam and also experienced practitioners wishing to check their knowledge.
To understand the benefits of AM we need to:
- Understand the impact of good asset management on business and financial performance
- Know how to make better decisions and manage risk
- Appreciate governance and regulatory requirements
- Understand how good asset management improves staff motivation and supply chain relationships and,
- How to communicate these benefits to all stakeholders.
30 mins in one session (or in small parts if preferred)
GBP 54.00 per subscription