006 Scope of the Asset Management System
The module provides an understanding of what an Asset Management (AM) system is and explains how it provides a framework for the coordination, control and continual improvement of assets over their whole life cycles.
It also highlights how the AM System operates in line with organisational objectives and plans.
You will gain the greatest benefit from this module if done in conjunction with the 'AW001 Introduction to Asset Management' and 'AW002 Introduction to ISO 55000' modules.
The module can be accessed on any Smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
The course content was designed and developed by internationally recognised AM specialists.
The module features:
- Professional Audio
- Animation and Interactivity
- Formative and Summative assessments
It is one of 14 modules in the Asset Management Course mapped to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate examination. These modules also cover the 39 'Landscape' subjects of the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM).
By completing the module, you'll understand:
- What an Asset Management System is and what it is not
- How it impacts the whole of the organisation
- The essential concepts that must be embedded in the system, as well as the key components and features
- Who and what is involved in establishing the Asset Management System within an organisation, and
- Continual improvement processes and activities.
Those working in any sector where physical assets are important, e.g. Electrical, gas & water utilities, Manufacturing, Processing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Facilities Management, Municipalities etc.
Those new to AM, those preparing for the IAM Certificate exam and also experienced practitioners wishing to check their knowledge
To understand the importance of AM Systems we need to understand:
- What an AM system is, how it works and how it is used to direct, coordinate and control asset management
- The leadership, planning and support operations that are vital parts of the system
- The range of stakeholders that need to be considered and involved
- The measurement and continual improvement activities that keep the system adaptive and fit for purpose
30 mins in one session (or in small parts if preferred)
GBP 54.00 per subscription