007 Asset Management Policy, Strategy, Demand Analysis and Objectives
The module addresses the issues of Asset Management (AM) policy, strategy, demand analysis and objectives.
It identifies the steps necessary to enable an organization to develop AM plans that contribute effectively to the delivery of organisational objectives.
The module complements our 'Organisational Context and Stakeholder Expectations' module, which explains the importance of understanding the conflicting needs and constraints when developing policy, strategies and objectives.
The module can be accessed on any Smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
The course content was designed and developed by internationally recognised AM specialists.
The module features:
- Professional Audio
- Animation and Interactivity
- Formative and Summative assessments
It is one of 14 modules in the Asset Management Course mapped to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate examination. These modules also cover the 39 'Landscape' subjects of the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM).
By completing the module, you'll understand:
- The importance of establishing an Asset Management policy
- The importance of developing an Asset Management Strategy or Strategic Asset Management Plan (SAMP)
- How demand analysis is used to develop strategy and its long term planning
- The importance of setting Asset Management objectives, and
- The role of the above in developing specific Asset Management plans that will deliver the AM Strategy in an efficient and effective manner.
Those working in any sector where physical assets are important, e.g. Electrical, gas & water utilities, Manufacturing, Processing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Facilities Management, Municipalities etc.
Those new to AM, those preparing for the IAM Certificate exam and also experienced practitioners wishing to check their knowledge.
To understand Policy, Strategy, Demand Analysis and Objective Setting in AM we need to:
- Know the terms (though definitions vary) and the activities involved
- Understand the importance of AM Policy, Strategy and Objectives
- Be able to analyse future demand for products/services
- Know the steps required to translate strategy & objectives into asset work plans
- Recognise the ongoing importance of creating a clear link between the organisation's strategy and its other activities, e.g. Health, Safety, Environment and Quality management
30 mins in one session (or in small parts if preferred)
GBP 54.00 per subscription