008 Asset Management Planning
The module explains the role of Asset Management (AM) planning so that organisations can deliver their strategic objectives and realise the value of their assets on a sustainable basis.
It also sets out how long term plans are developed and used as a framework for determining the organisation's AM activities and budgetary requirements, describing the purpose and content of these plans and how to ensure they are realistic and achievable.
The module complements our 'AW007 Asset Management Policy, Strategy, Demand Analysis and Objectives' module which describes how AM plans and objectives form the cornerstone of an effective AM system.
The module can be accessed on any Smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
The course content was designed and developed by internationally recognised AM specialists.
The module features:
- Professional Audio
- Animation and Interactivity
- Formative and Summative assessments
It is one of 14 modules in the Asset Management Course mapped to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate examination. These modules also cover the 39 'Landscape' subjects of the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM).
By completing the module, you'll understand:
- The context, content and purpose of an AM Plan
- How Asset Management plans align with and enable the delivery of the AM strategy and objectives
- How to positively contribute to the development of an organisation's AM Plan, and
- The issues that affect the longer term sustainability of plans and how these issues should be considered.
Those working in any sector where physical assets are important, e.g. Electrical, gas & water utilities, Manufacturing, Processing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Facilities Management, Municipalities etc.
Those new to AM, those preparing for the IAM Certificate exam and also experienced practitioners wishing to check their knowledge.
To understand AM Planning we need to know:
- Why we have AM Plans and what they consist of
- The alignment (or 'Line of Sight') between the organisation's strategic plans and specific Asset Management plans
- How positive contributions can be made to the development of AM plans, and
- The issues that affect of the long term sustainability of plans and how they can best be managed.
30 mins in one session (or in small parts if preferred)
GBP 54.00 per subscription