009 Asset Information
The module explains the key role that asset information plays in supporting an organisation's Asset Management (AM) System.
It also sets out how asset Information provides an essential enabler to good AM decision-making.
The module can be accessed on any Smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
The course content was designed and developed by internationally recognised AM specialists.
The module features:
- Professional Audio
- Animation and Interactivity
- Formative and Summative assessments
It is one of 14 modules in the Asset Management Course mapped to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate examination. These modules also cover the 39 'Landscape' subjects of the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM).
By completing the module, you'll understand:
- The importance to an organisation of knowledge about its assets
- The role that asset information plays in supporting effective decision-making
- The importance of a systematic approach to delivering the organization's information requirements
- How to prioritize actions when seeking to develop or improve an asset information system, and
- The role that an effective asset information strategy can have in improving an organization's information systems and practices.
Those working in any sector where physical assets are important, e.g. Electrical, gas & water utilities, Manufacturing, Processing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Facilities Management, Municipalities etc.
Those new to AM, those preparing for the IAM Certificate exam and also experienced practitioners wishing to check their knowledge.
To understand the importance that asset information and Information systems play in AM we need to:
- Understand the importance of asset information in supporting the AM system and how this information will help you make effective decisions
- Develop an understanding of the key components of an effective asset information environment and how these need to be maintained
- Know what internal and external stakeholder information requirements are
- Explore the core components of an effective asset information management system
30 mins in one session (or in small parts if preferred)
GBP 54.00 per subscription