013 Life cycle activities Part 1
The module is the first of two modules introducing life cycle activities.
Part 1 (this module) explains the whole life cycle and stages in managing an asset from initial identification of need, through creation or acquisition, utilisation and maintenance, through to decommissioning, renewal and/or disposal.
[The second module (Part 2) covers the essential common 'enablers' to maximise value across the integrated whole asset life cycle]
The module can be accessed on any Smart phone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
The course content was designed and developed by internationally recognised AM specialists.
The module features:
- Professional Audio
- Animation and Interactivity
- Formative and Summative assessments
It is one of 14 modules in the Asset Management Course mapped to the Institute of Asset Management (IAM) Certificate examination. These modules also cover the 39 'Landscape' subjects of the Global Forum for Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM).
This module will provide you with an understanding of:
- How asset management maximises value from assets over their whole life cycle and how this supports the delivery of asset management objectives
- The principal activities performed in order to acquire, operate, maintain, renew and dispose of assets
- How the life cycle activities interact with each other and other business activities
- The importance of communication and collaboration in making such interactions effective, and
- What is necessary to deliver asset life cycle activities efficiently and effectively.
In Life cycle activities Part 1 we look at:
- Asset creation and acquisition
- Asset operation or utilization
- Maintenance of assets
- Asset renewal, decommissioning and disposal
30 mins in one session (or in small parts if preferred)
Those working in any sector where physical assets are important, e.g. Electrical, gas & water utilities, Manufacturing, Processing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Transport, Facilities Management, Municipalities etc.
Those new to AM, those preparing for the IAM Certificate exam and also experienced practitioners wishing to check their knowledge.
GBP 54.00 per subscription